Diving Deep Into App Engagement Data In Our New Report
In today’s freemium-dominated app environment, the install is no longer the mobile marketers’ goal, but rather a means to an end. It’s a stage in the funnel – an important one nonetheless – but still only a stage. With over two million apps in both Google Play and the App Store, every app has dozens, hundreds and even thousands of direct competitors. With numerous options to choose from, in addition to increasingly high user expectations, usage and engagement are dwindling, and without continued engagement, monetization becomes practically impossible.
The key lies in getting high quality users who will engage with an app over time.
To help mobile marketers make the paradigm shift toward metrics that go beyond downloads and installs, our State of App Engagement study offers detailed engagement benchmarks for:
- Retention rates
- Average sessions per daily active user
- Cross-funnel conversion rates
- Lifetime engagement
This is the most comprehensive study of its kind to date covering billions of data points across the second half of 2016. The study includes a breakdown of app engagement by platform, category (travel, shopping, games, entertainment, lifestyle, finance, etc.) and 7 global regions (North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Southeast Asia and more).
Some highlights include:
- YoY retention rates are up, but retaining app users over time continues to be a major challenge for app marketers
- Android users are more engaged, but iOS users are stronger buyers
- Lifetime activity is significantly different across shopping and gaming apps
- North American users are leading in purchase activity, while cities like Omaha and Salt Lake City are beating out major markets like NYC and LA as far as engagement is concerned
Want to see the findings that can help your app stand out and succeed? You can download the full study here. Enjoy!