The State of App Marketing for Chinese Advertisers
China’s explosive economic growth has been well-documented. This trend has not skipped mobile apps, with some of the world’s largest global app developers coming out of China and taking their business across the globe with great success: Tencent Games, Baidu, Alibaba, Cheetah Mobile, IGG, renren, Meitu, 5 Miles to name just a few.
Thanks to our leading position in the Chinese market and our significant global footprint, AppsFlyer has reached an 80% market share among Chinese advertisers who market outside of China! To share our knowledge and gain from the sheer volume of data we see coming in from our 1,000+ China-based advertisers, we have just presented a first-of-its kind benchmark report covering 1.5 billion installs at our 4th MAMA event in Beijing, and are sharing it here for all app developers to explore.
For example, the following chart shows the most popular GEOs targeted by Chinese advertisers on both Android and iOS. As we can see, both platforms paint a different picture, with iOS dominated by the US and China, whereas the distribution on Android is more spread out with India, the US and Indonesia on top.
What else is included in the report?
- Install distribution by GEO, platform and vertical
- Retention rates by platform and GEO
- Lifetime engagement activity per average user by GEO, platform and vertical
- Share of buying users by platform and industry
- Average revenue per user by ad type, platform and GEO
- Bonus: The AppsFlyer Performance Index for Chinese Advertisers