In today’s ever-changing market, the need to measure ROI has become more pressing than ever. But a myriad of hurdles – including siloed, stale, and non-actionable data – makes it difficult to measure ROI (return on investment).
That’s why we’re excited to announce the availability of ROI360, AppsFlyer’s solution for complete, accurate and fresh ROI measurement. With ROI360, brands can gain a comprehensive view of their campaign performance while saving time and resources that would otherwise be spent on manual data collection, normalization, and aggregation.
By measuring cost, revenue and attribution data in one place, brands can gain a true and complete view of their campaign ROI/ROAS, allowing them to make data-driven decisions about marketing budget allocation and campaign optimization. With complete and accurate ROI data, brands can identify which campaigns are generating the highest returns and adjust their marketing strategies accordingly.
But what blurs ROI measurement? What prevents you today from showing that your marketing spend is worthwhile by proving positive ROAS? Here’s a partial list:
Siloed and fragmented data: Cost, revenue and attribution data are scattered across different channels, making it almost impossible to properly understand the full picture.
Outdated and inaccurate data: Ad revenue data comes in too late, making real-time optimization impossible. This means that user acquisition (UA) teams arrive late to the optimization party and waste their budgets. In-app purchase and subscription revenue data is polluted with fraudulent transactions and contain incomplete and refunded revenue – making your revenue data inaccurate and irrelevant. ROI inaccuracies also occur because they contain net cost and gross revenue, without considering store commission and tax.
Non-actionable data: After consolidating and refining the data so that it’s complete, accurate and fresh, UA teams look at a huge pile of data and their next challenge is the lack of actionability. What’s the best way to slice and dice it, look at the data in an insightful way, to understand which decisions should be taken?
Unified but siloed data: On top of the above impediments to understanding ROI, brands that own an internal BI system must connect the ROI data to the business and enable enhanced reporting, improved collaboration and better decision making.
Every dollar matters
During an economic downturn, businesses need to make every marketing dollar count. To achieve this, they must zoom in on return on ad spend (ROAS) and gain an accurate picture of their ad spend effectiveness from both sides of the equation, cost and revenue. With ROI360 you will be able to tackle each of the challenges above.
ROI360 empowers brands with:
- Cost Aggregation: Get a complete view of your ad spend from up to 90 sources. Instead of struggling with fragmented cost data, utilize holistic insights to understand and optimize your budget.
- Data consolidation: No more chasing spreadsheets across various platforms; all cost and revenue data tied to attribution, side by side, per campaign are at your fingertips.
- Complete coverage: Supports all monetization models: in-app ads, in-app purchases, subscriptions and hybrid combos – ROI360 covers all your sources.
- Ad revenue – Fresh and accurate like never before: Fresh ad revenue data from day 0, with the perfect combination of connections: SDK for day 0 data freshness and server-to-server (S2S) for accurate data refinements.
- In-app purchases and subscription revenue validation: Clean your In-app purchases and subscriptions of fraudulent, incomplete or duplicated transactions by receipt validating each transaction.
- Net ROAS: See a true view of your revenue from in-app purchases and subscriptions with tax and commissions subtracted out.
- Actionable datasets: Slice your data to the finest granularity with to-the-point dashboards, and create your own dashboards if you’d like. Look at your data straight in the eye and know exactly how to act.
- ROI ETL: Connect all your ROI data to your BI system onto your cloud platform of choice and update four times a day, with a single ETL process.
So, how can you leverage ROI360? Here are 3 examples to help you understand how ROI360 can prove your ROI:
Use case #1: Day-zero ROAS optimization
Making changes to live campaigns can immediately impact their revenue and ROAS. Weekly or daily optimization may not capture changes in revenue that occur throughout the day. To optimize ROAS effectively, UA teams need near-real-time data and the ability to identify and address budget waste quickly. However, developing this solution on the customer side can be costly in terms of development resources and partner integration maintenance.
With ROI360, UA teams can instantaneously identify low ROAS campaigns the same day that optimizations are executed, either on the data streamed to their BI system or on AppsFlyer’s dashboards (i.e Overview, Cohort). They can then optimize under-performing campaigns in real time on the relevant media partner’s platform and immediately stop budget wastage.
Use case #2: In-app event cost effectiveness
Campaign managers measure cost effectiveness of campaigns based on multiple goals such as costs of actions leading to app usage (such as installs) or by effective costs of in-app events such as registrations, purchases and trials. Measuring the latter requires consolidation of in-app events and costs. Without this, managers find it difficult to accurately measure ROI and cannot make optimization decisions.
With ROI360 UA teams can easily compare effective cost per relevant action across media sources, identify high eCPA campaigns and optimize accordingly.
Use case #3: ROAS optimization by cohort
UA managers use ROAS cohorts to analyze which campaigns provide day-x ROAS in accordance with their benchmarks. Campaigns that bring users who generate above a certain ROAS threshold are more likely to become ROAS positive by the end of its cohort life.
However, such reports are based on install date, costs and revenue, all cohorted across multiple campaigns and media sources. ROI360’s cohorted data presents ROAS data for each day, revealing which media source provides optimal day-x ROAS. Any media source below your ROAS threshold should be optimized.
Ready to prove your ROI?
Now, more than ever, ROAS is the key metric brands should focus on. Various challenges blur your ROI by keeping your ROAS data incomplete, inaccurate and outdated. ROI360 tackles each and every challenge and sets you up for success by revealing your true ROAS with the most accurate measurement in the business.
For any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to our sales or customer success teams.