The advertising landscape is at a turning point. To stay ahead of the game, marketers need to rapidly adapt to consumers’ privacy expectations and increased scrutiny from regulators.
With fewer data signals down the funnel, data from your creatives and other upper-funnel metrics is becoming more important than ever.
Your creatives are your chance to stand out from the crowd, and offers a powerful way to optimize your performance. In fact, Nielsen identifies five keys to advertising effectiveness, and guess which one is the biggest contributor, by far? That’s right, creative at 49%!
Creatives lie at the heart of every successful campaign and are responsible for captivating audiences and generating results. But how do you make sure your creative assets truly resonate with your target audience? And how can you amplify your creative impact to optimize your campaigns and get more return on your ad spend?
What’s blocking you from optimizing your creatives?
Are you facing challenges optimizing your creatives? You’re not alone. Many marketers encounter roadblocks that prevent them from maximizing creative performance and achieving their objectives.
Let’s take a closer look at some common obstacles:
- Aggregating creative data from different networks is time-consuming and error-prone due to its manual nature. As a result, it’s difficult to swiftly and accurately standardize and analyze creative performance metrics causing significant inefficiencies.
- Limited visibility into granular creative performance can result in poor campaign decision-making. Without this data, you won’t be able to optimize creative selection and placement and detect creative fatigue.
- Not knowing which creative features are most effective often prompts advertisers to invest resources in multiple creatives without a clear understanding of what resonates best with their audience. Basing your campaigns on such guesswork can limit their potential impact.
- Misalignment between UA and creative teams makes it difficult to link creative plans to campaign goals. When the teams work in silos, creative ideas may not align with user acquisition (UA) strategies and goals, leading to less effective results.
The bottom line is that without a holistic understanding of the entire funnel, alongside data-driven creative insights, you’ll struggle to develop the most impactful creatives that drive better ROAS and higher LTV.
Introducing AppsFlyer’s Creative Optimization solution
AppsFlyer’s new Creative Optimization solution is designed to unlock the full potential of your creative assets and allows UA and creative teams to make data-driven decisions, maximize ad spend, and uncover a winning formula for your creative strategy.
Creative Optimization enables you to:
- Measure all your creatives across channels in one place: Gain a holistic understanding of your entire funnel with a comprehensive, unbiased view of creative performance across all media sources. You’ll get insights into key metrics including cost, installs, and clicks, as well as down-funnel metrics like retention and lifetime value.
- Battle ad fatigue and drive better ROAS: Get unmatched depth of performance insight so you can proactively address creative fatigue, better allocate ad spend, and double down on winning formulas and formats to increase conversions.
- Create far more impactful creatives with AI-powered insights: Gain access to detailed creative insights and performance data, enabling you to analyze creative variations, as well as scenes and elements within a creative to identify high and low-performing features. This is achieved through the application of AI and computer vision technology, which transforms the analysis of creative content by dissecting it into multiple layers. Each creative is deconstructed into smaller components, as patterns, shapes, and colors are examined to recognize objects, people, or scenes. For instance, it can identify a cat in a video by recognizing its distinctive shape and features. All of this allows marketers to make data-driven decisions for prioritization and modification.
- Turn creative performance into trustworthy data for your BI: Easily Access a reliable, up-to-date system that incorporates recent changes in the marketing ecosystem and streamlines the data integration process, ensuring a trustworthy source of creative data to make the right data-driven decisions.
- Collaborate on creative ideation and optimization with ease: Facilitate collaboration among creative, marketing, and agencies to enable effective teamwork and better decision-making, all within user-friendly galleries where you can review and analyze creative assets.
In short, Creative Optimization makes it easy to measure, optimize, and collaborate on your creatives. It’s your key to maximizing performance, unleashing the potential of your creatives, and driving impactful results.
Let’s take a look at some of the real-life ways that Creative Optimization makes your marketing efforts more efficient and successful.
- Creative fatigue detection: Identifying creative fatigue across channels, campaigns, and geographies can be extremely challenging when using the same creatives for different media sources. This makes it hard to scale your campaigns and optimize click performance. By comparing top-spending creatives using metrics such as cost, IPM, and eCPI, you can effectively detect creative fatigue and optimize campaigns promptly for improved performance.
- High and low-performing features: Limited data and guesswork often hinder effective decision-making when analyzing new and existing creatives, making it difficult to assess the performance of individual features within a creative. By utilizing AI to analyze each scene and element, you can identify high- and low-performing features, prioritize optimization, and make data-driven decisions to improve overall creative performance.
- Creative testing analysis: Analyzing and extracting insights from ongoing creative tests can be challenging due to the diverse features of creatives, resulting in distinct performance patterns across networks, geographies, and operating systems. To efficiently analyze creative testing, you need to quickly identify superior performers and make rapid decisions. It requires a comprehensive performance analysis of tested creatives, highlighting which ones allocate a significant portion of the cost and share of impressions.
- Deep analysis of creatives: You can develop a whole range of engaging creatives, but without performance data, your decisions are primarily influenced by intuition rather than data-driven insights. Automating the inclusion of tags into a dashboard means you can easily pivot, analyze trends over time, and filter the data based on specific elements, concepts, duration, or any other applicable tag.
These are just a few of the ways our Creative Optimization solution can improve your campaign performance. From aggregating data to detecting fatigue and analyzing individual features, it provides all the tools and features you need to optimize your marketing campaigns and unlock the full potential of your creatives.
Ready to take the next step? Contact us today to explore how our Creative Optimization solution can revolutionize your creative performance.
If you’re looking for more information on getting started, visit our help center article for a step-by-step guide to set you on the path to success. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to elevate your creative strategies and achieve remarkable results.