When conducting App Store Optimization (ASO), I usually break the process into the things that get your app discovered and the things that get your app downloaded. The latter is a process called Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO).
This year, CRO received an update with a new iOS, new devices, and new technologies. How does this affect your app marketing assets? Here’s a list with the latest Conversion Rate Optimization trends for you to focus on your next app update.
The mobile audiences of 2015 are not robots – in fact, they demand more control over what they interact with than ever before. In order to be prepared for the consumers of tomorrow, you need to have a mobile marketing plan ready for what the future holds. Never fear – we’ve used our expertise to bring you the top marketing trends to look out for in 2015.
Our friends at DCI have created an awesome infographic, aiming to help app developers with their app creation process – Check it out!
This is the first of two articles written for the benefit of Developers & Advertisers who wish to promote their mobile apps through performance-based advertising / affiliate networks.
This guide was written based on personal experience, with the goal of elevating some of the unclear questions and worries, faced by most developers, when they are about to launch a user acquisition campaign for their mobile app.
It’s an important day here at AppsFlyer HQ. We’re today announcing ‘AppsFlyer for Agencies’ in order to enable ad agencies to provide their clients with mobile media buying expertise to optimize campaigns based on a range of performance metrics including ROI
From the press release:
Apple has updated its terms that allowed IDFA collection only for apps that show ads. Apple is now allowing app developers to collect and use the IDFA for attribution which is great news for the industry (and Apple).
Apple was always concerned about the quality of ads in the iOS ecosystem, however taking the IDFA out has the opposite effect. Without proper measurement, ad quality decreases as advertisers have no idea which ads are working and which are not. We also saw that in order to have legit access to IDFAs, developers started to serve ads even if they didn’t initially plan to. This didn’t make any sense for anybody, including Apple.
We wanted to share with you that we just raised a $7.1M A round from Pitango Venture Capital and Magma Venture Partners.
In the last 2.5 years, AppsFlyer’s NativeTrack™ technology has rapidly become the industry standard for mobile attribution at scale. AppsFlyer is now measuring billions of mobile actions monthly and global top tier app publishers are using our technology. Our SDK’s are now installed on more than 800 million mobile devices, measuring more than $500M in mobile ad spend annually.
As you have probably heard, HasOffers and Kontagent were dropped as Facebook Mobile Measurement Partners (MMPs). The situation has left many marketers without an attribution solution for install campaigns running on Facebook. For those affected, AppsFlyer is making our team available to help quickly migrate your tracking and attribution needs to AppsFlyer. We are sure that you will be happy with the upgrade to the leading attribution and analytics platform out there.
[Update Apr 11, 2014 - IDFA is Now Officially Allowed For Attribution]
[Updated Feb 6, 2014]
We just got off the phone with Apple and received the latest update regarding the issue.
To make it simple and without speculation:
1. If you show ads in your app, you are not affected.
2. If you don’t show ads in your app, you should update to the latest AF iOS SDK and don’t include AdSupport.framework. AF iOS SDK will not collect IDFA in case AdSupport.framework is not included in your project.
AppsFlyer is hiring and it’s a good opportunity to share the things we believe in, our status, our vision and what are we looking for.
- Growth is a company asset. Generating and supporting it over time is the team’s mission.
- We encourage maximizing employees’ hidden potential.
- We are proud of our creation, and we deliver it with our own personal signature on it.
- With the right team, turning AppsFlyer into a billion dollar company is right around the corner.
- We like super smart, out-of-the-box, fearless team players.
- Working for a corporate is riskier to your career than working for a small startup.
- Making mistakes is human and a crucial part of learning.
- Learning is endless.
- “Entrepreneur” is a character type, not an occupation. We look for true entrepreneurs!
- Our clients are the most important thing. We have our clients in mind in every decision we make.
- Success is never accidental.
- We protect our time in the same way in which we protect our bank account.
- We look forward to coming to work every single day! Work should be fun, challenging and satisfying.
- “Just do it” – is a way of life.
- Every project starts with a thought.
AppsFlyer’s NativeTrack™ technology is rapidly becoming the industry standard for mobile attribution at scale. Our traffic almost doubles itself every month. Our platform is now measuring billions of mobile actions monthly, and global top tier app publishers are using the technology. Our SDK’s are now installed on more than 500 million devices, measuring more than $100M in mobile media annually. AppsFlyer is profitable and funded by leading VC.