Game On! Mobile Attribution & Marketing Analytics for Gaming
Gaming app marketers, it’s time to take a deep dive into the world of mobile measurement and learn how to let data work for you.
Let us be clear: relying on organic discovery among hundreds of thousands of games in the stores is like thinking you can win the lottery.
The only way to give your game a fighting chance is by crunching your marketing data. And then crunching it again.
But you must be smart about it, and that’s no small thing considering the complexity, scale, and variety of available data nowadays.
Success boils down to making the right decisions that drive a positive return on ad spend, while meeting constant demand for growth.
So, what does making data work for you actually mean?
There are two components to making data work for you:
- Infrastructure and measurement set-up: What exactly should you measure, configure and set-up to gather the right data to inform actionable marketing analytics for your game. This includes a close examination into:
- Key performance indicators
- In-app events Media source selection
- Creatives Uninstall measurement
- Ad revenue attribution
- Re-engagement attribution
- Deep linking
- Audience segmentation
- Predictive modeling
- Understanding reporting: Setup is only the means, whereas the goal is to draw actionable insights from all the data at your disposal. That’s where marketing analytics comes in with four key reports for gaming app marketers:
And that’s exactly what this guide will focus on, packed with lots of practical, gaming-specific use cases, hacks and tips.